Sunday, November 15, 2009

No More Binky...

So, we went to Durrant's parents house on Friday night to have a sleepover with the nephews and to give Marilyn and Bryce a break with all the boys. In my haste, packing, I left the binky at home and didn't realize it until bedtime.

The dilemma, buy more binky's, or cut him off. We went with cut him off. Hmmmm.... It only took an hour to get him to sleep, then when he woke up at 2:30am to nurse, he didn't go back down until 4am. Yeah, I was ready to shoot myself in the head.

Fortunately, Saturday went a little better. We were in the car during nap time, which helped immensely. For bed, he went down in less than an hour, and didn't get up until 6:30am. Being in his bed in his home probably helped, but I'm not complaining.

Today, he refused to take a nap even though he was exhausted, so I put him down early. It took him about a half hour to finally give in. Not sure how Grama is going to feel about this tomorrow, but I hope it goes okay!

I have to keep telling myself that this is for the best. And, I have to admit there is a certain amount of freedom knowing my life is no longer dictated by whether I have a little piece of plastic anymore. In the mean time, I'm learning to live without sleep again. ;)

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I hope it goes well!

Macey said...

If I'm going to read about how the house is going, I should at least get to see some pictures!!! And yes, ASHER is one good looking kid!! Miss you!