Thursday, February 11, 2010

Kitchen Before and After

Thanks to the desperate need to provide the illusion of having a clean house, we decided to clean the house for the Superbowl party we hosted. As a nice side-note we had to clean the kitchen as well. Yes - I finally took some pictures. And, miracle of miracles, I finally remembered that I have pictures while Asher is taking his nap. As a result, I am fulfilling my promise to post pics of our house. Cross your fingers that I can get this done before naptime is over... :)


Okay, it looks like I only took one photo of the kitchen before we tore everything apart. In the bottom left hand corner you can see what looks like a counter. That is actually a portable dishwasher, and was what I had as a counter for about 6-8 weeks. Those pictures are below.




Doesn't even look like the same room, does it? We decided to go to Lowe's and do the prefab counters. We were on a bit of a budget, so we did the unfinished oak stuff. We did all the sanding, staining and sealing. It took a while, but we got her there and we are proud of it.

Don't mind the mess - it was simply always that way. I figured I might as well give you a realistic version of our life for almost 2 months. The reason for the delay is the counter-top. We initially thought we could do a patch job on the stuff you can get at Lowe's. Then, we realized that wouldn't work because of the splash guard against the wall. Anyway, long story short, we decided to have a professional come in and do a custom counter for us. This worked out pretty well for us and the pics below are the final result.

Hark, what is that I hear? Alas, nap-time is now over. Till next time, my friends!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

It looks SO great! You guys did such a good job:) Thanks again for having the party at your place!

Bre said...

That's wonderful! Great job on the kitchen and blogging. I'm right there with you on the nap thing.

Katie Pettey said...

Yeah! Thanks for posting picts. It looks great.

Macey said...

I love the kitchen!! My favorite part is the wall color. Great pic!