Monday, January 17, 2011

Unfortunately...

So, I was so proud of myself for remembering to bring the camera for Asher's 2nd birthday parties.  Then... the memory card was malfunctioning.  The good news is, we were able to get the photos that were taken on Christmas morning.  The bad news is, we didn't get ANYTHING else.  I've contacted my mom to see if she can send me some from the birthday party, and if any of you viewers have any please send some - I would REALLY appreciate it.  I'm just plain sick that I have absolutely no record of my first kids second birthday.  Loser mom!!!

Anyway, here are a few photos we took of opening up the gifts here at the house.  Asher was so excited about opening things he wasn't really interested in what each gift was.  It was just so much fun ripping the paper off, he could hardly wait to do it again and again. 

I know D's eyes are closed in this one, but I honestly couldn't resist showing how excited Asher was to be eating his candy cane.  Yes, as a matter of fact, we did regret letting him have so much candy.  Won't be making that mistake again.
Father and son reading a new Christmas book.  Pretty intense, hunh?
This is my first attempt at Christmas Casserole.  Turned out pretty darn good if I do say so myself. :)

The two lessons learned from this Christmas: 1) easy on the sugar, 2) expect that your kid will be out of control and instead of enjoying the day you get to be the devil.  I now have a real love/hate relationship with the holiday that I'm sure will last for at least another 15-20 years.  Thank you, son... :)

No, in all seriousness (now that it is almost a month past) it was fun to see Asher have so much fun and we are excited to take some established traditions and start creating some of our own.  Can't wait!

1 comment:

KP said...

It was so great to see you on Thanksgiving & really great to learn of the little girl you are expecting in May. Hope your dreamy life continues to feel blessed.