We decided to take it pretty easy this Easter, mainly because I didn't have the energy to make a big deal about it. But we did have the family party and here is the beginning of the hunt:
On with the hunt!!! Asher did a pretty good job of finding the eggs, and then proceeded to open them and eat the contents rather than search for more eggs. Seriously - why leave the goods for the possibility of more goods in the future??? The boy is wise beyond his years.
It was tough going for a while, we gathered very few eggs. However, we got plenty to keep him hyper for at least a week.
And here are the kiddos with their hauls. I think it only took about 25 pictures to get them all smiling and looking in the same general direction. And, yes, this is what you get. :)
And, just for funsies, here is a picture of our little family before we add baby Vanna to the group.
That was our low-key Easter. No special outfits. No major gifts. Nothing really that amazing, just a small lesson about what Easter is all about, a fabulous family dinner and memories that will hopefully last a lifetime.
On a side note, we had a fun family Sunday morning that involved stickers and I couldn't resist sharing the evidence:
Dad played too, but his evidence makes him look high so I decided to hide that for future blackmail. :)
And finally, I don't have any pictures on the pregnancy issue, obviously, because it just isn't pretty. However, I can say that we are nearly to the "safe" period of 37 weeks. It has been a rough go, and the end isn't any easier than the rest of the 8 1/2 months. I've been having contractions for a few weeks now, and we had a couple near runs to the hospital. Yet, with it all, still no baby (whew!)
I keep going back and forth on when I think she will finally be joining us. Asher was 10 days early, and judging by the increased level of contractions I'd guess she will also be early. However, I think this girl already has a mind of her own, and will likely come when she feels good and ready. Which translates to: 2 weeks late... :)
1 comment:
So EXCITED for you to increase your family. Truly hope things go smoothly. I bet your big prego photos are darling. I hope you take at least one profile before delivery. Your face is beautiful & glowing.
Post a Comment