Sunday, June 26, 2011

Latest Happenings

First: My Shower.


THANK YOU SO MUCH TO SARAH AND MELISSA!!!! They did a fantastic job of putting the shower together!  The food was fantastic, the decorations (that I'm wishing I remembered to take a picture of) were beautiful, and a great time was had by all.  Thank you also to those who were able to come.  I have actually written your thank-you cards and will eventually put them in the mail.  Maybe you will get them by... Halloween???

Anyway, here is a couple pictures of Baby Lucy (Melissa's baby who is 5 weeks older than Vanna) and Baby Vanna.  (Baby Sophie, Sarah's little one, was with her Dad - we'll catch her at the next party)

The car seat photo.  I thought they looked cute with their little bows and pink blankets.  

Lucy was doing a great job of playing along, but Vanna was way too interested in something over there.  Not sure what, but she would not deign to give us her attention while the camera was out.  
This shower was the first time my Aunt Vanna met her namesake, and fortunately Durrant's Grandmother Vilate was also able to attend the shower.  Here is one of the most treasured photos I have.  It seriously makes my heart go all soft and warm.

Baby Vanna Vilate with Vanna and Vilate.
I have such a precious little girl and am so grateful for these two women that she is named after.  They are both amazing people whom Durrant and I very much love and admire, and I truly hope my daughter will be able to realize how lucky she is to have such a legacy. 

Next: Durrant's Birthday and Utah State.

On a whim Durrant decided to take his birthday off and we drove up to Logan to get some good old Aggie Ice Cream.  While we were on campus we decided to let Asher get out of the car and run around to get some energy out.  It was a bit chilly and rainy so we didn't get to play too long; however, he did find the A so we had to get a record of the school he will someday be attending (he he he...)

Future Aggie, waiting for his True Aggie partner to join him on the A.

What do you think - are they related?  Wait - gotta do something about that shirt...

Third: Vanna at 4 weeks.

Taking photos is not my strong point, so I have to congratulate myself on the fact that I remembered to take a few 4-week shots of Vanna.  She is now 6-weeks old, so I'm a little behind.  However, at least you now have some updated photos.

This is a cute one with her eyes open.  I love that little "O" she does with her mouth!

This is her crying.  I can't help it, I think it's a cute photo.  (Yes, I do realize I will be punished for this later.  No, I don't care. :)
Fourth:  Girlfriend Visit

Two of my dearest friends who have amazingly stuck around going on 20 years now actually were able to come for a visit a few weeks ago.  Macey (the brunette) now lives in Wisconsin and only gets out here every other year or so.  And while she was here Kara (the redhead) made the trip up so we could spend some time together.  It was absolutely amazing to see them again.  By some magic I always feel like we are back in high school when we get together and my life now seems very surreal.  Anyway, here's the proof.

Jill, Kara and Macey - back together again.
Fifth:  The Zoo.

A few weeks after Vanna was born Grama Farol came up and Dad, Grama and Asher went to the zoo.  Good times were had by all, and Asher kept talking about the dinosaurs they had on exhibit there - he seriously loves it.  Anyway, here are a few photos of the day.

How nice of this gorilla to provide me such a comfortable place to sit! :)

Dad and Asher on the merry-go-round.  Do you think he liked the Gorillas???
Finally:  Brother and Sister

Okay, I'll be honest.  It's been pretty tough here at the Pettey house for Brother to have all the attention off of him.  Asher loves his new sister - A LOT!!!  He loves to kiss her, and hold her, and poke her in the face, and steal her binky, and climb in her bed - should I go on?  Anyway, occasionally we catch him being an awesome big brother and this was one of those times.

This was taken when Vanna was about 2-3 weeks old and her favorite place to be held at that age was directly on our chests.  Asher was doing what a good brother should do and "held" her just like Mom and Dad.  


Brother "holding" sister on the bed.  

4 comments:

Katie Pettey said...

Yeah! A new post!! Keep 'em coming. Glad you're doing well. We love you guys.

Scott and Amy said...

We recently went to the zoo as well. Emma loved the monkeys, the giraffes, and the elephants. She also says, "I don't like dinosaurs - they spit water at you." We had a fun time. -- Amy

Sarah said...

The shower was fun:) I'm glad you enjoyed it too!

Ryan W said...

I'm glad D wore a Utah shirt to Logan. He's my hero