A bit on the serious side this time.
Jill and I have about one month until the due date for our first child. My question to those of you who are parents is this:
What should we do in our remaining month of "freedom"? What is it you miss the most? Do you miss going to movies at any given hour? Do you miss quiet walks together? What do you miss the most?
I know that having children is a blessing and you would never trade having them for the world, but there are surly things that you miss about the times you had when you were just a couple - things that you may not get to experience again for 10-20 years. What do you wish that you and your spouse could do just one more time?
9 comments:
Sleep...definatly miss that. I miss being able to just pick up and go, do whatever. It just takes more planning and prepardness with the little one. I guess what I am trying to say is enjoy your freedom of spontaneity.
Glad to see that you are bloggers! One thing that Tim and I miss is going to movies. We would go to the movies 2-3 times a month before Jacie, now I can probably count on one hand how many movies we have seen in the last 4 1/2 years! Also eating out in peace!
Merry Christmas cousins! Did we ever tell you congrats on pregancy.
Things to do before birth.
1-Sit in the middle of church & enjoy not getting up.
2-Go to the movies. However, it is very possible to nurse in the theater.
3-Go to McDonalds & laugh at parents.
4-Write a long list of all of the "mistakes" you see the rest of us parents make then seal it up for 10 years.
Organize your photos, do scrapbooking, etc. This new photo subject will take over everything.
The list could go on & on & on.
Baby names...Jeff votes for Ted Striker. I am too traditional I like Christian, can't remember the name that was translated from.
1-Do you have a "birth plan"?
2-Take a photo from the side of that cute pregnant belly.
3-Measure & record how many inches around you are at your belly button. I know you think you are huge & maybe don't want to know the inches but it is fun to compare with different pregnancies.
What I missed most was being able to just pack up the car and go somewhere on a whim.
Having said that, now that we have a child old enough to babysit, we have more freedom to at go to the grocery store and even have a date
What did I miss most?
Being able to take a shower all by myself for as long as I wanted.
Going to the bathroom all by myself.
Doing things on the spur of the moment.
Sleeping through the whole night.
Being able to talk without speaking in code.
Being the center of my own world.
And of course the movies. Don't take your baby to the movies. It's not good for them, it's not good for you, and it's certainly not good for the other paying customers.
I agree with everyone - to bad you can't stock up on sleep - that's the biggest thing for me. Seriously enjoy sleep while you can!!! Also I miss not having to buy diapers! What a waste - I just put that thing on her and now I have to throw it away!!! One funny thing I've noticed about having a baby though is that you'll find yourself bouncing up and down or rocking everytime you hold Anything and sometimes when you're not holding anything! Yeah people tend to stare when you're rocking a bag of flour in the store!!!
Go for the midnight movie- or something like that. The reality of being tied down to the house (or wrangling up a babysitter- and paying them to watch TV while your kids sleep) is a drag.
SLEEP definately. That and going to the grocery store. By what I mean is deciding that you want to go and leaving the house in less than an hour, and with fewer than 50 lbs of luggage.
Post a Comment