Saturday, September 3, 2011

Vanna's Blessing

I know, two posts on the same day.  However, if I don't do it now, I can't guarantee it will get done.  So, here you go. 

We had Vanna's baby blessing a few weeks ago and it was such an honor to have so many of you there!  I know it's tough to try and catch everyone's special occasions and our only regret was we didn't get to spend as much time with you as we wanted to.  Anyway, here is the evidence:


This photo is again with the two namesakes, Vanna Hunter (Jill's aunt) and Vilate Parrish (Durrant's Grandmother). 






This photo is as good a picture as I could get of the beautiful dress Vanna was blessed in.  It was actually the blessing dress of her great-grandmother and namesake Vilate Parrish.  Vilate's mother made it out of her wedding dress (or high school graduation dress, I've heard both).  It is one of the most beautiful dresses I've ever seen in my life.  And all of Vilate's female descendants (save a few who lived too far away) have been blessed in this wonderful family heirloom.  What an honor. 


And, naturally, a family photo.  Although, looking at it now, we probably should have had Asher and Vanna trade places to even things out.  Oh well, what do you do.

And, one more photo that I took today, that I seriously could resist adding.  My little Vanna-girl:




1 comment:

Sarah said...

Her blessing was such a sweet day:) And it's so neat that she got to wear that dress!